Saturday, June 13, 2015

Motiviation to curb snacking with an exception




G. Hansen - staging - N. Carlson

I have used candy as a stress reliever in the office and often make a left turn into our communication coordinator's office to chat and have a bite.  A coworker placed a danger sign on the candy dish.  It had the desired affect on me and I am down 5 pounds in 1.5 months. 


 


Closeup on the sign - N. Carlson




Note the subtle addition of the words (for more!).  This reminds of a discussion point in Larry Winget's audio book: Shut Up, Stop Whining and Get a Life.

Larry asks who do you love more your family or (insert vice here)?  Sometimes our good intentions become distorted by the short term options available.  This sign helps remind me to focus on my health for my family and for the long term prospects of living a better life.


There are however sometimes when you do need a cookie. (2 min.)

No comments:

Post a Comment